Friday, August 9, 2013

A Message to the World



This is a speech I wrote a few years back, I feel it is quite touching to the heart and really says a lot about our current way of life.

        I come here to you not as a protester not as an anarchist I come here today as a Messenger, I also come here as a human being just like you, just like everyone else on the planet. I ask you here today what is so different between you and me or anyone else? Why do we need these borders? Why must we hate an innocent person guilty of nothing more then being different? Why do create weapons of destruction when we can create weapons of peace and love? Why do we try to be someone else other then ourselves to look better to society? We fight against each other, but why? We can do so much more if we worked as one and not as many. Look at the people next to you, what do you see? Someone who is different or inferior? But  are they as different as you think? Be honest with yourself, be honest with others. Sure there is almost always going to be at least a few bad people. A good quote to remember for this is “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind” Gandhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment